Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Manifesto

I am starting this blog as a supplement to the occasional mailings I have been sending out about the SFHS class of 1960 and friends. I hope to accomplish two things with this.

1: Provide a vehicle for people to add comments to individual announcements.

2: Provide a permanent archive and to allow folks to keep up who do not want to be on a mailing list, even a blind one.

I will continue mailing announcements, probably just links to this blog, to the usual suspects.

I hope we can allow unmoderated comments. If we start getting too much name calling, political rants or outright spam, I will start moderating comments.

To add a comment, click on the word comments at the bottom of the posting. There will be a number, often 0, in front of it.

6 comments:

Bunnie Rotto said...

I remember the 5th and 6th grade photos as I was in both of them. Bunnie Rotto

Ann B said...

I sort of remember both the 5th and 6th grade -- just can't remember the name of the school - it was across from Harrington Jr. High. Was it Salazar?? Ann B

David said...

Wood-Gormley was across from Harrington.
Salazar was on Osage St.

We are all new to this blog post & comment stuff. It might better if we try to comment at the end of the particular post instead of the end of the whole blog.

Jane Porter Apple said...

Thanks for doing this for all of us. I did not go to elementary school in SF but love to hear the news. Jane Porter Apple

Anonymous said...

Great idea David...
I did not attend Salazar or Wood-Gormley but I do recognize quite a few people in the photos.

Unknown said...

I'm going to try to get around to identifying those I remember in all three class photos. (David, you do remember how good I am at procrastinating, don't you?) Maybe we all can see who we remember.

If it weren't 120 degrees in our attic, and if we didn't have new insulation covering all our stuff, I'd get my box of scrapbook items to see what pictures I have to share with the group. Maybe later...

Marjane